[orca-list] Status of Skype

I know that for the longest time, Skype was pretty much, well... forget it on Linux.

I know a ton of people who absolutely think Skype is Satan's brother in identical twin formity. OK, fine, if you feel that way, you're entitled to your opinion, but I'm also entitled to mine, and I just so happen to like Skype quite a bit.

This said, is there any improvements to accessibility?

I presume, I could install the QT bridge, but I don't know if that would help, nor even how to go about doing that.

Now that Microsoft owns Skype, I know they've made a ton of advancements lately as far as accessibility, in general, so I was just hoping that maybe something with Skype on Linux had changed.

If it has, or if there is any round about way of using it for voice chatting, then let me know. I really don't care about the text chat side of it, nor the video chat side of it. I neither plan to do confverence calling or the like. I just need something basic where I can make and receive calls to and from my contacts.

Chris.