Re: [orca-list] Hmm! Another really weird Thunderbird observation

Hello,

I don't know all the details however my guess is that this may not be the thunderbird issue but a gmail one.
When you remove a message in gmail only the labels are cleared and message is put into Gmail -> All messages folder.
Perhaps this causing your POP3 email client to redownload the message.

Greetings

Peter

OK, this is really weird.

I let Thunderbird automatically configure my Gmail account.

It did wonderfully with that, by the way.

It set it up by default as IMap, which is wonderful.

I told it however in the account settings that after I mark a message for deletion, once I exit Thunderbird, I want it to delete those messages immediately off the server, and expunge the current folder, which in this case, would be the inbox.

Well, now, I go to my PC where my GMail is set as pop3, (don't ask,) and all my messages I just deleted on my Linux machine redownload from the server.

What the heck! NO, I don't wanna switch this pop3 configuration over to IMap on my desktop machine. There are extremely specific reasons why I don't want IMap over here.

Chris.