Re: [orca-list] Burning CD's

Hello,

Yes Brasero is perfectly capable of creating CD audio discs out of your audio files. It uses Gstreamer for decoding audio files so pretty much any audio file as input is supported e.g. MP3, ogg, opus, wav, flac and even more.
Brasero main window and its UI in general reminds me of an interface similar to Ahead Nero burning rom I have used back in the days on my Windows machine.
Once audio disc project is selected on Brasero initial screen you can add audio files via the edit menu. You can navigate over the tracks using up and down arrow keys, you can use popup menu to act on individual tracks, you can also see their properties inside the popup menu.
There are some accessibility issues with Brasero though. You can't use applications key to display popup menu in the list of tracks or list of files. You will have to emulate right click there.
The same goes when browsing files and folders in the file chooser dialog that opens when adding files into project. To browse into subdirectories you will have to emulate the left click on the folder you wish to browse into because pressing the enter key adds the whole folder to your project. You can workaround this limitation by copying files from the nautilus window by pressing ctrl+c and pasting right into the Brasero window by pressing ctrl+v.

And finally you can start burning including simulation and checksums verification from the menu bar.

Greetings

Peter