Re: [orca-list] Status of Rosegarden?

Hello,

Well I would say you will have not as awesome experience with Rosegarden as with Protools on your mac but... I have just fired jack2-dbus, installed rosegarden this afternoon and I have discovered it's not entirely inaccessible.
Rosegarden is a QT5 based app. There are various controls accessible on its main window, the menu bar is all accessible so are dialogs I have stumbled upon.
List of tracks is not accessible although it reacts to keypresses.
I have no experience with midi devices so I can't test it more. Although I had jack running I was also unable to start audio recording.
Perhaps reading the documentation would help mastering this. Anyway I do feel surprised as I have expected it to be all inaccessible.

Greetings

Peter

So, as some of you may know, I am a professional musician.

Right now, I record my stuff, mainly on the mac with ProTools. Yes, I do sometimes use Reaper, but I'm definitely more a PT guy.

Anyway, several years ago, I heard of a Linux audio DAW called Rosegarden.

I somewhat remember in the past installing and trying it, and I didn't have much luck with it. I'm just wonderring if anyone on here has tried it, and if so had any success, even for basic tasks.

Before anyone says anything, I'm not willing to try audasity. I know it works, but for the complex stuff I do, it wouldn't be sufficient. At least on the Windows side of things it sure wasn't, and believe me, yes. I did heavily research to see if it would be.

Chris.