[orca-list] I definitely need some major major help with Gnome Tweak Tool

I've tried everything, but maybe I don't understand Peter's message very well about navigating GTK apps.

Basically though, I managed to get the app opened but not in the traditional way.

I had to run gnome-tweak-tool from alt+F2.

See, this is what I mean about Gnome. It just doesn't seem at all intuitive. It's great once you learn the basics, but if you don't know these little nuances, then...

OK, bitching session over. Anyway, all that I wanna do is to have it show a list of desktop icons, and I specifically would like it to show external media I've mounted if that is possible. Like a USB flash drive, or if I insert an SD card, or maybe if I insert a CD/DVD with data. I want it mounted to a desktop like in Unity, or Mate.

Really, that's the only thing I wanna honestly tweak.

So, if someone could tell me step by step what to hit once in the app to do that, I'd appreciate it.

Chris.