Re: [orca-list] emulating mouse stopped working probably after Gnome upgrade

Le 19/10/2017 à 00:45, chrys a écrit :
Howdy,

Howdy Chris, I've added Mike Gorse in CC.

i did some investigation. downgrading at-spi to an 3.24.x version fixes the problem for me. so i assume it breaks while 3.26 development.

i see two strange things:
1. if i take look in folder "/run/user/1000/" i see a lot of "at-spi2-RandomString" folders ( this is confirmed by other users in Arch systems)
2. i found a (for me) strange commit in at-spi2-core
GIT hash id:
0cce560e437e39daf04e0dd60b38f6c313c7112a
gitweb link:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/at-spi2-core/commit/?id=0cce560e437e39daf04e0dd60b38f6c313c7112a
it replaces the way how an bus is gotten.  A function call to
get_accessibility_bus_address_x11 ()
was replaced by
g_getenv ("AT_SPI_BUS_ADDRESS")
for me the environ variable "AT_SPI_BUS_ADDRESS" is not defined on my system (This is also confirmed by other Archlinux users). Not sure if that is related to but it looks like to me. I m not that deep in at-spi source code to understand what it exactly does. sorry its a bit technical and maybe the wrong list (sorry), but i m not a subscriber in atk list. maybe someone would forward it?

A way to check that should be to revert the commit on version 3.26, compile and run it to verify if this is that commit that produces the regression mentioned here.

Best regards.
Alex ARNAUD
Visual-Impairment Project Manager
Hypra - "Humanizing technology"