Re: [orca-list] Frustrated

In Firefox, I just get to the menu bar by hitting alt or F10. F10 works in Thunderbird, but alt doesn't. Note that F10 takes me to the file pull down in the menu bar and not the menu bar itself. It's more like hitting alt+f.

gedit is different and I don't think it has a menu bar. I use it very seldomly though, but I just brought it up, and alt doesn't bring up anything. F10 brings up a few options. Maybe someone else can explain how this new gedit works or maybe you can try a different editor that has a more traditional interface.

After mounting a USB stick, I usually don't access it from the GUI, but when I do, I just bring up the files application. This should be in the overview of your dash. Hit the super key and then control+alt+tab to go into the overview of the dash and then down arrow to Files. In Files, which I think is Nautilus, hit shift+f6 and then down arrow to your USB device. This is also where you'll find the Trash.

Forgive me, but I'm not sure if my last message made it to the list.

In Gnome 3, I have opened up Firefox, but can't figure out how to access the menu bar of an application. So, like, in Firefox, there should be File, Edit, Bookmarks, History, Tools, and I think Help.

When I hit F10, or alt+F10 nothing happens like it does in Unity. When I hit Alt+CTRL+Tab, or shift Tab, I get to the top panel, but, then when arrowing, I see Firefox menu, but when hitting enter, or down arrow on this, either one, I only see quit.

Take GEdit. I know there should at least be File, Edit, and Help. Maybe more, but when I did alt+CTRL+Tab, and saw the GEdit menu, I open it up, and all I see is new window, and Quit. What the heck!

Secondly, I plugged in a USB flash drive. In Mate, and in Unity, it mounts it to my desktop. In Gnome, I can't seem to even find! a desktop, let alone the icons on it, if any like my drive. So, how in the world do I access it from the G U I?

OK, sure I could hit alt+F2, then type

/media/chris/FLASH

and hit enter, but God, that's a lotta work! There's gotta be an easier way than that!

Finally, last question for now. How in the world do I access the trash, where files go when deleted. Don't tell me there isn't one in Gnome!

Chris.