Re: [orca-list] can I make gnome and orca behave as per stock gnome in Ubuntu?

On Saturday 04 November 2017 11:10 PM, Milton wrote:
Hi,

I tried Ubuntu 17.10 for preparing to 18.04 and out of curiosity with Orca 3.26.

I found the Dash accessible with Orca.

Indeed the wifi signal strength is not spoken and also the notification of being connected.

I am happy to notice that GNOME2 works after installing with:

sudo apt install gnome-session-flashback

in this session everything is fine just like in 16.04. So maybe this can be a solution for having access to and working with the latest great stuff.

I tryed Gnome flashback too.
But there was only one improvement as far as the wifi is concerned.
it does tell me the signal strength and secured status.
But Notification of it being connected or not is not announced.
I think Gnome-shell accessibility team must take due notice, because Apart from such trivial issues, gnome itself looks pretty accessible and can be used full-time.
Just that such irritants must go away.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.