Re: [orca-list] strange bug with orca and espeak ng

I can confirm that the emojis are buggy, all in all, with speech dispatcher
Take this as an example:

⏲

It's a clock. Now if you use

espeak-ng -v en+michel (or any other voice or language in which emoji are supported) "⏲"

It will say 'timer clock' which is correct.

now,
spd-say -o espeak-ng -y en+michel "⏲"

It will say 'timer clock' and add some nonsense words to it.

Tyna Pelletier-Bilodeau a écrit :
It seems to not be a espeak-ng bug. It is a speech-dispatcher one, at least in the case of the 'aujourd'hui' word.
espeak-ng -v fr+michel "aujourd'hui" speaks the word as it should
spd-say -o espeak-ng -y fr+michel "aujourd'hui" adds the $text variable and some weird text afterwards.

Joanmarie Diggs a écrit :
A few questions:

1. Is it limited to espeak-ng or do you see it in espeak too?
2. If you set punctuation levels to None, does the problem still happen?
3. Could you send me a full debug.out in which the problem occurs?
    Bonus points for small files which only show the problem so I can
    readily find the offending output.

Thanks!
--joanie