Re: [orca-list] suggestion: add sounds for entering/exiting browse and focus modes, turning on and off orca

hi
Wow, I didn't know this was going to start a huge debate. I was just throwing the idea out there, since nvda does this, and no, we are not trying to mimick nvda at all, nor should we, but it would help those coming over from nvda feel a little more familiar, although if this ever does get implemented it should of course be configurable.
Thanks
Kendell Clark

Al Sten-Clanton wrote:
Well, sounds are words, to, and in this case pretty short ones whose meanings are known at least to the folks who know the language they're in. Mind, I wouldn't object to their being available as an option, but the benefit seems small. (And as one of those dudes with some hearing loss, I need some better speech, anyway.)

Best!

Al