Re: [orca-list] Please test Orca master with MATE panel

Hi Raphaël.

Is your testing from the latest master? I ask because I had eliminated
some more instances of the issues you report prior to your sending this
message.

Also, there is a bug in the non-English versions of mate-panel which
Colomban identified and proposed a fix for. This bug causes the
presentation of the frame and panel in non-English locales. Is there any
chance you are seeing that? If so, that should be fixed in mate-panel.

Having said that, I did see some cases where Gecko is sending what looks
like valid events which we really, really do not wish to ignore but
which I happen to know are bogus because I am looking at the screen and
performing the keystrokes myself. Trying to filter that out with a
heuristic seems like an excellent way to introduce regressions in Orca's
support for Firefox for all users. So I'm really hesitant to do that.

If things are mostly solved, I suggest we consider the improvement good
enough for now and focus efforts on trying to address these issues in MATE.

--joanie