Re: [orca-list] Orca and accessibility of command line text editors

While I'll grant you one can use cli text editors in terminal emulators such as gnome terminal, the
experience is better in a true VT, (console if you
will), with speakup, and posibly other console screenreaders.
I'm not much of an emacs user, but from my very limited experience and some reading of comments from others
it does appear to do fine in gnome term and I
assume other similar emulators, mate's terminal emulator for sure should give the same experience unless
something has snuck under my radar recently since
last testing a variety of terminals including mate's.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Krishnakant wrote:
Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 11:08:35PM +0530

I have got emacs with emacspeak to work very well even in gnome-terminal.

Just disable Orca speech and do emacspeak/

Happy hacking.

Krishnakant.