Re: [orca-list] Skype for Linux

Hi,
as I said before, the new skype client isn't accessible because it's a simple bundled web-app that uses chromium, stripped to a bar minimum to only allow you to get on web.skype.com. You can't install chromevox in there. You better install the real chromium and add chromevox in there, you'll get the same result. And it's fully accessible.

B. Henry a écrit :
Yes, this sounds terrible as indeed there were issues with the website when I tried the web interface.
Also I do most of my skyping with cli helpers in a Linux VT or terminal emulator.
Not that I need or use skype that much, but...and I can use it accessibly on my android phone, but this is
yet another reminder of how little respect
Linux gets as a consumer, or end user OS.
Maybe the website can be made fully accessible and functional for us Orca users, and while I'm not exactly
jumping up and down with excitement over the
"web-app revolution", I can deal with em if they work accessibly...
Thanks for the quoted material.