Re: [orca-list] Skype for Linux

Yes, this sounds terrible as indeed there were issues with the website when I tried the web interface.
Also I do most of my skyping with cli helpers in a Linux VT or terminal emulator.
Not that I need or use skype that much, but...and I can use it accessibly on my android phone, but this is
yet another reminder of how little respect
Linux gets as a consumer, or end user OS.
Maybe the website can be made fully accessible and functional for us Orca users, and while I'm not exactly
jumping up and down with excitement over the
"web-app revolution", I can deal with em if they work accessibly...
Thanks for the quoted material.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Max wrote:
Sun, Feb 05, 2017 at 09:59:42AM +0200

Hi Again.

Here is the link to the source:

https://blogs.skype.com/news/2017/02/03/the-skype-you-love-is-getting-better-download-it-for-free-today/

There's the word "Linux" is not; But this is only because the formal
Skype client for Linux is no longer supported.

In any case - I do not want to escalate the panic. Just warn users
of Skype client DLA Linux that developers have such plans.

Max wrote:
Hi.

I do not know what threats were before; But this information was taken
from the official developer blog Skype. On the first of March, will
transition to the new architecture. As a result - stop working all Skype
clients that use protocol "P2P".
Skype for Linux version uses the classic "P2P".

Maybe "Microsoft" to change something in their plans; But there is a
suspicion that this is a final decision, because there is a complete
rejection of "P2P", in favor of the new architecture.

B. Henry wrote:
Yes, we have had these threats before, and even from MS itself, but so
far things have been less terrible than they were originally announced.
Here's to hopin it'll be that way again.