Re: [orca-list] Skype for Linux

Hello,

For linux there are two official client apps from Skype.
The first one is called skype and that is the qt4 32 bit app we are using all the time. Then there is a more recently developed app called skypeforlinux. That is the webrtc and other web like technologies electron based app. This has also been updated recently. So assume this is the one skype developers intend to stay working. Despite electron on Windows is reportedly including some accessibility support I was unable to make skypeforlinux accessible when testing it. This has to be looked into and upwoted where appropriate so skype developers are aware.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 5. februára 2017 8:59:56 AM používateľ Max <heavy9922 gmail com> napísal:

Hi Again.

Here is the link to the source:

https://blogs.skype.com/news/2017/02/03/the-skype-you-love-is-getting-better-download-it-for-free-today/

There's the word "Linux" is not; But this is only because the formal
Skype client for Linux is no longer supported.

In any case - I do not want to escalate the panic. Just warn users of
Skype client DLA Linux that developers have such plans.

Max wrote:
Hi.

I do not know what threats were before; But this information was taken
from the official developer blog Skype. On the first of March, will
transition to the new architecture. As a result - stop working all Skype
clients that use protocol "P2P".
Skype for Linux version uses the classic "P2P".

Maybe "Microsoft" to change something in their plans; But there is a
suspicion that this is a final decision, because there is a complete
rejection of "P2P", in favor of the new architecture.

B. Henry wrote:
Yes, we have had these threats before, and even from MS itself, but so
far things have been less terrible than they were originally announced.
Here's to hopin it'll be that way again.