[orca-list] Cinnamon: accessing/adding menus to desktop

Hey hey,
I'm currently working with Cinnamon, since it's reaction is very satisfactory. Unfortunately, I can't get it to show me an aplications/system menu.

I've gone through cinnamon-settings to add applications to panel. But I'm not sure if they were saved. I can only reach one menu by pressing ctrl+f10 and one by pressing the menu key, but neither would give me a typical menubar with things like file, edit and view, so I could be sure to save my work.

Can any one suggest a few things? How to properly add these menus/panels to the desktop and how to access them and typical menubars.

Thanks and best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

She's so lucky,
she's a star
But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart... <3
(Britney Spears)