Re: [orca-list] Cinnamon: accessing/adding menus to desktop

Hey hey,
having delved into this problem, keybindings for Cinnamon can be set using the gsettings tool and custom keybindigs can also be created using dconf-editor in the GUI/desktop environment.

Since I'm much more comfortable working on the console, I have tried gsettings. There are several "keybindings" sets for Cinnamon, some apparently have effect, others don't. I have not yet found rhyme or reason to that.

I have not found a way to access things like the applets configured for my desktop or getting a typical menubar, if the desktop has such a thing at all.

Maybe dconf-editor is the more user-friendly route to finding certain names for specific commands, for which keyboard shortcuts can be configured.

Is any one here really familiar with this topic?

Best wishes,

Jeanette

--------
* website: http://juliencoder.de - for summer is a state of sound

Where are you now, what have you found
Where is your heart, when I'm not around <3
(Britney Spears)