[orca-list] Update on my orca problem in arch with gnome

Hi all,.

A couple of days ago, I reported that I was having problems with orca in gnome after installing arch.  I was able to do some more testing and conferm that orca does come up after running orca in the run box in gnome.  I am also unable to get sounds in gnome such as the valume sound in gnomre.  If I type spd hello, I get nothing.  Perhaps this is a problem with speech dispatcher.  I do how ever get speech in the consil with speakup just not in the gui with orca.  Any ideas on this one.  I really do not want to reinstall arch if I can help.  I never had this problem.  BTW, I used the lates iso talking arch image on the talking arc site.  HTH.

Matthew

Sent from Mail for Windows 10