[orca-list] lightdm-greeter-accessibility

Hey everyone. I recently got a new Linux laptop from ZAReason. I decided to put TalkingArch on it, and build the system up from there, installing Mate and Orca. After a lot of work I decided that I would have an easier time getting X working by using a display manager. Startx gave me some strange problems which I would not mind documenting if anyone would care. However, the display manager seemed like the way to go. I followed the instructions to get LightDM working with Orca, and got it saying Screen reader enabled, but then when it wouldn't talk, I could log in by dumbly typing in my user name nad password, and it would even start Mate, I would verify this in another console, but starting orca gave more strange dbus errors. Finally I found this thread, and the updated patch.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2015-December/msg00021.html

Thanks Peter Vágner! The patch worked perfectly here as well. Now as far as I can tell I have a fully accessible Linux laptop running LightDM, Mate, and Orca on Arch Linux.

--
Austin Seraphin: https://AustinSeraphin.com