Re: [orca-list] planning to revisit twitter, any tips?

Hi,
Yeah, Corebird is a very accessible Twitter client, although it doesn't have all the features in the world.
If you use vim or emacs, there is twitter plugin for vim and a twittering mode for emacs.
And the website isn't that bad at all - I can use only the website in Firefox with Orca if I want.
For example, tweets' contents are paragraphs, so you can move quickly with 'p'.
Yeah, the tweets' list doesn't populate automatically when you reach the end, but I just scroll blindly with
the touchpad of my laptop, when I'm on the last tweet.
There are some other gliches from time to time, but it's generaly accessible.

And while I'm here - one quick tip for FaceBook in Firefox with Orca:
Zoom out the page as much as you can with Control+-. That'll allow it to scroll properly and populate the
There are some cases when it wont, but then you can just move further down the page, either with the focus or
the carrot, and the script will do it's job.

In summary: Firefox with Orca is very, very accessible. It's a different experiance compaired to other screen
readers, but after using it for 3 years exclusivly, I do it without thinking.
--
Best wishes,
Zahari

  Peter Vágner wrote:
Wed, Sep 14, 2016 at 11:03:22AM +0200

Hello,

The main corebird window has a group of radio buttons you can use to switch
time lines, the time line content it self and a sidebar.

When browsing tweets, you can use up and down arrow keys to navigate over
tweets. You can press the enter key on a tweet to expand the tweet. If the
tweet is a part of a conversation, then in-reply-to tweets and replies will
be also shown. There are also buttons reply, retweet and favourite here.

These reply, retweet and favorite buttons are also shown in the timeline
however it is not possible to activate them via keyboard at that place.
However, there are some built-in keyboard shortcuts you can use in the
timeline explained in the readme file.

r reply

t two times in a quick succession - retweet

d two times in a quick succession - delete

f - favorite

ctrl+t - compose tweet

These keys I have just mentioned are only working in the timeline view when
a tweet has been selected.

There are some more shortcuts for example opening the settings, , toggling
the sidebar, opening application settings, showing list of accounts. See the
readme please.

Greetings

Peter