Re: [orca-list] Xfconf-query returns Errors

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:
Not exactly sure what you are doing, but you can also use dbus-launch if you just want to run a command
from aconsole that will effect your gui in another.
Dbus-launch is a one off comand though, while exporting your display will keep access to the gui open as
long as you are logged in to the console you ran
the command in.

What I tried to do was
DISPLAY=:0.0 \
   xfconf-query -c xfce4-session -n -t bool -p /general/StartAssistiveTechnologies -s true
That didn't work though. I still have:
TRACE[xfsm-startup.c:681] xfsm_startup_autostart_xdg(): start_at_spi (a11y support), skipping
in the log file.
Oh well. I quit on that desktop I guess.