Re: [orca-list] Xfconf-query returns Errors

Not exactly sure what you are doing, but you can also use dbus-launch if you just want to run a command from
aconsole that will effect your gui in another.
Dbus-launch is a one off comand though, while exporting your display will keep access to the gui open as long
as you are logged in to the console you ran
the command in.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Rob wrote:
Fri, Oct 07, 2016 at 03:24:32PM -0500

Alonzo Cuellar <mariachiac gmail com> wrote:
Hmm...

Do you have the display drivers installed for your card?

I fixed it.
Since I ran
startx
on TTY2
$DISPLAY
was not set over on TTY1.
so I had to run
DISPLAY=:0.0 xfconf-query
I still didn't get A11Y going, but at least I know how to run that command now.
I think I'm going to give up on XFCE and try building mate.