Re: [orca-list] The Jupiter console screen reader

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 04:12:39AM AEST, Peter Vágner wrote:
Hello,

I haven't seen aur package, perhaps I was not looking hard enough.

Still I have created my own package and it builds and installs fine.

I am looking it into making yet one more package using dkms this time so the
package would rebuild it-self after a kernel upgrade.

I've spoken to the Karl and he is afraid kernel maintainers are not keen on
including this in the mainline kernel tree.

as long as it continues to build against the kernel, not being in mainline
is not a problem, although it certainly makes more work for karl.

i happen to agree with kyle re preferring a screen reader in
userspace. Brltty already does this for braille, and also supports speech,
although i don't think it supports keyboard shortcuts. come to think of
it, i am not sure how easy it would be to intercept keyboard shortcuts
for screen reader use in a console.

Luke