[orca-list] Fix to garbled speech in Ubuntu 14.04

Hi all,

In the past I have experienced some problems with garbled speech in Ubuntu 14.04 (where the speech rate of espeak goes so fast it just sounds like a garbled mess).

The fix was to kill speech-dispatcher, and the problem would go away for a while.

Recently I updated my version of Pulseaudio from 4.0 to 5.0, and since then I have not had this issue at all.

The steps I followed to upgrade Pulseaudio were as follows:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-audio-dev/pulse-testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

The above steps will upgrade Pulseaudio on Ubuntu 14.04 to v5.0. Although this is a testing package, I've not come across any stability issues, but your own mileage may vary so you may want to try this on non-production machines first.

Hope the above is useful to someone.

Regards,

Nick