Re: [orca-list] Terminal and Braille

Hello:

No, brltty still doesn't work.

brltty is already configured to start at boot but stops of some reason.

I found an article on the debian accessibility wiki where this problem
is described.
There is a package named 'modemmanager' that scans the serial and usb
ports for modems and this generates problems for Braille displays.
I purged the package as instructed on the wiki.

Brltty now displays Braille on the logon screen but stops as soon as I log in.
One down but not there yet.

I won't bother troubleshooting this further.
I will simply try a different distro (currently Ubuntu Unity 15.10)
and/or another machine.

I need the laptop for work assignments so I'm back on Windows 10 on
the laptop for now.

I have a workstation that I can use for testing.
I would like to check out latest Fedora and also Ubuntu GNOME.

Thanks for all your help!

-Øyvind