Re: [orca-list] Use Linux as a daily driver

Please don't interpret this to mean that the Gmail web interface isn't usable. Some people aren't aware of the accessibility improvements made in the Gmail web interface. Ditto for the standard web interface as opposed to the HTML only interface. I prefer desktop clients myself, but I pull up the Gmail web interface with JAWS or NVDA occasionally, and I'm always surprised how usable it is. I'd expect the same to be true with Orca and Firefox. I'd say give it a try yourself and make up your own mind.

BTW, if someone says they want to use the web interface, I don't tend to question it unless I think they haven't considered other options. It's not my job to judge what people have decided works for them. Just because I prefer a desktop client doesn't mean someone else wouldn't see benefits in a web interface. So many people feel their way of doing things is the only way to do something.