Re: [orca-list] Can I set Firefox' audio output device?

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 11:59:46PM AEDT, Jason White wrote:
This kind of control is what, in principle, PulseAudio was designed to offer
on a per-application level. I've adjusted volume for a specific application
using pacmd. I don't recall whether it's possible to move a stream to a
different output device though. Changes appear to be persistent in the user's
PulseAudio configuration - they aren't limited to the current setting.

Pavucontrol which is a GTK based application allows the moving of apps
from one device to another. However, at least on Ubuntu 16.04 here,
Firefox still uses ALSA for audio. If your distro allows the routing of
default audio output to ALSA via pulseaudio, then it should be possible
to use pavucontrol to change the device that firefox uses.

Luke