Re: [orca-list] Can I set Firefox' audio output device?

Janina Sajka <janina rednote net> wrote:
Back in the days of GNOME2 it was possible to configure GNOME to play
higher quality audio through something other than the default audio
device. Firefox would honor that setting. I found it very satisfactory.

Unfortunately, I can no longer control this either from GNOME or from
Firefox. What am I missing?

This kind of control is what, in principle, PulseAudio was designed to offer
on a per-application level. I've adjusted volume for a specific application
using pacmd. I don't recall whether it's possible to move a stream to a
different output device though. Changes appear to be persistent in the user's
PulseAudio configuration - they aren't limited to the current setting.