Re: [orca-list] Firefox, structural nav and searching

Hi Nolan.

Could you please pull master and see if you still have this problem? Thanks!

--joanie

On 02/24/2016 05:34 PM, Nolan Darilek wrote:
Wondering if anyone else can duplicate this?

1. Visit
https://medium.com/austin-startups/my-love-letter-and-goodbye-to-austin-601dc54a868a#.wji5k8q6g

2. Press ctrl-f.
3. Type "counc" very quickly. You'll land on a link about Austin City
Council, but only if you type quickly.
4. Press ctrl-home to move to the top of the page.
5. Type ctrl-f again.
6. Type "coun", pause for half a second or so, then "c".
7. You'll be on another occurrence of the string "coun", and the next
"c" is interpreted as a structural nav key.

Can anyone else confirm this? I've been hitting this periodically but
haven't been able to pin down a repro. I think I hit it in other
scenarios too but don't recall any off-hand, and it's been hard to find
circumstances where it's reliably reproduced for me. Is this a Firefox
UI issue where the Find command closes, or something where Orca gets an
event and switches from expecting input to expecting commands?

Thanks.