Re: [orca-list] searching files and folders in nautilus hangs Orca

Hello,
Please note that Nautilus search is a bit different than the other lists and tree views we are used to. In Nautilus 3.18 we can move up and down in the list of files or we can also use left and right arrow keys if we do have icons view instead of list view. Typing in a string such as down in order to quickly find a folder named downloads, nautilus will enable the search feature and it will recursivelly find all the files where there is down in the filename. Of course this is configurable to some extend in the preferences window i.e. I think we ca disable the recursive search. While other lists and trees only filter in the current view not changing the UI at all only highlighting the item that matches. So you may be tricked that the UI might be frozen, instead you need to move from the search field into the list of results by pressing the tab key.

Might this be your case?

Greetings

Peter