Re: [orca-list] i recommend all of you to use Vinux 5

I can not agree more that Vinux is an excellent option, especially for orca users, but for anyone who would
like to try three of the most popular graphical
desktops along side one another, i,.e. one can compare on the same hardware with as many configurations the
same as is possible.
With very limited personel resources the Vinux devs, Luke and Rob have made a stable and flexible distro,
that is both ouyt  of the box accessible for
blind people and atractive and reliable for anyone in your home or office.
One heads up: mate panel configuration is not standard, and I find it works less well than configurations
that use all old school applets and icons as
opposed to Vinux's  use of the indicator applet that lets one run unity indicators from a panel. Others find
this more reliable, but for me it is not, and
changeing it is not as easy as one might think.
Also, Vinux uses older gnome package versions than one might think it would. For me this is mostly a good
thing, e.g. one gets gedit before the interface
changed to the way it is now with most options onlky available from a long list accessed once a menu button
is pressed. I do not remember which other
program benefit from  keeping the last version before the interface overhaul, but at least for me this is one
case where the latest is not the greatest,
and I appreciate what vinux does very much.
Also, unlike some other distros, Vinux has made console access a priority, i.e. one does not have to jump
through hoops to use speakup in a console like
other blind-user-centric distros.
Thanks for all your work making gnome terminal and other terminal emulators accessible and as bug free as
possible Joani, but for manly of us terminal
emulators just do not cut the mustard as it were for many tasks, and especiallky for those new to Linux,
having to write custom desktop files maybe build a
package from source, etc, is an extra step that is an unwanted headache.
We can always use more developers working with us on the vinux project, so anyone who has some skills please
consider helping out, and even if you are not
a coder, or even very technically adept, we can use help with other aspects of the project.
Thanks to Luke keeping new orca versions available Vinux usually has as new an accessibility stack as anyting
else around, and in most cases having the
latest versions of other software is over rated...lol
Just my opinion, but I'm mostly an arch user, and I am almost always very happy, pleasantly surprised almost,
with my Vinux experience if I've not booted
it for a couple of weeks and
fire up my vinux5 box.
There are a lot of good distros available, but Vinux stands out as one that meets a wider range of user needs
than anything else I can think of.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 02:02:02PM +0200

Dear users and developers,
        I strongly recommend youto use Vinux 5.0. The main reason is, that
this distribution has 3 desktop environments preconfigured. Default Ubuntu
Unity, second Gnome Shell and thirt Mate. I have searched on The Internet
and I did not find similar distribution, which support three preconfigured
desktop environments to support Orca screen reader users.
Please keep in mind, that if you are visually impaired with no sight at all,
you will have many issues when you will want to try other live
distributions. And I can not imagine visually impaired user with no sight,
who do not have other fully accessible Linux distribution on his or her
computer, that this user will modify and copy some configuration files to
make other distribution accessible.

The main question is: if is it necessary to use other distribution than
Vinux 5, if it is supported by Canonical, MR Yelavich is doing his best to
support stable distribution for us.

Sure, Linux is freedom and every user have its free choice to decide, which
Linux distribution should he or she to use.
But keep in mind The following facts.

Vinux 5.0 is The smallest live distribution in size and it contain 3 desktop
environments. You will do not have to install it manually by using apt-get
after installation.
It is based on stable Linux release, on long term release.
Please do not forget, that only Gnome shell and Gnomewill allow you to run
The most GTK apps as root with no issues.
Some GTK apps such as Gparted will not run as root apps with Mate.

You can switch between various desktops in Vinux 5.0 by pressing
CTRL+ALT+DEL and by choosing logout button. Light gdm manager will allow you
to choose The session, default Ubuntu, it is Ubuntu Unity interface, Gnome
shell and Mate.
Next very important fact is, that Vinux 5.0 is based on Mate 1.8, which is
very accessible.
And last remark.

Vinux5 contain very usefulXorg debugging tool. By using available checkboxes
inside its GUI, user can set GRUB boot manager to text mode, and even help
Xorg developers debugging some Xorg bugs, if somethink wrong will happen.
Please keep in mind, that Ubuntu Trusty is officially supported by Google
industry standard in IDEs for ANdroid apps developmet. The name of this
environment is Bazel.
It is command line professional tool to compile and build The most complex
Android applications. It is excellent, because we can also use Android SDK
manager after Open JDK installation.

Non programmers can  have big joy with Libre office, stable Firefox
andpreinstalled Pidgin Internet Messenger, which suppport Facebook social
site for sending and receiving chat messages.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.