[orca-list] braille and touchscreen input, how to get them working?

hi all
Ever since devin switched to sonar, he's been asking a lot of questions
about braille. His display works fine with sonar and so on and this
message isn't about sonar. But he says he can get braille input to work
on the console, using brltty but not when he uses orca. Braille input
via his braille keyboard. I thought this worked, but maybe not. If not,
how might I go about helping fix that? I remember asking luke a few
months back how touch screen accessibility would be added in linux, and
he said to start with at-spi, that it needed to be changed to allow
touch screens to communicate with it, and then orca could add support.
Is this similar with braille input? I know all the tools are there,
brltty to provide the display support and liblouis to provide the
translation of braille shortcuts into their corresponding letters and
numbers, but orca itself I'm not sure how to go about it. I can't code
at all, I can barely read python code and bash scripts, but since
turning over a new leaf a few days ago, I've decided to get a lot more
active in not just sonar but other upstream projects to help fix some of
the bugs I've been basically living with and waiting for others to fix.
Forgive my ignorance, I'm still new at the low level parts below orca
that make it work, so I could easily be missing something obvious.
Thanks
Kendell Clark