Re: [orca-list] Panning in Beeping Progress bars?

Howdy,
This sounds completely awesome!
Storm
On Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 11:27:23AM +0200, chrys87 web de wrote:
  Hi Guys,

  I´m currently working on some kind of 3D audio game via HRTF (openAL is
  realy cool stuff).
  While working with all that I had some kind of idea for presenting the
  current state of progress bars:
  what if:
  we not only change the frequence but also the panning (different loudness
  for left/right speaker)?
  so the tone gets higher for indicate the state but the tone is also
  starting on the left (0%) speaker (the right speaker is silent) and will
  raise to normal (50%) (both speakers are equal loude) and will end with
  only the right speaker is active (100%).
  so its not only a sound that give you a guess how much percent you have.
  you also know precise how "far the end of the progress is away".
  maybe it also could be configurable?
  something like
  Enable Progressbar beeps (True/False)
  Panning Progressbar Beeps (True/False)
  Frequence Progress Beeps (True/False)

  what do you think about? good idea or total trash...?

  chrys