Re: [orca-list] Panning in Beeping Progress bars?

Sounds redudndent to me honestly, I'd like to see multiple progress bars use location so youy know which one
is where.
I mean, I have a good idea how much time is left by the tone.
Just my two cents, but in all honestly, there's only so much that can beheard/would prefer to use location
for something for sure, but not duplicating
what the tone does, or more or less duplicating it, or would you somehow use a different algarhythm in some
progams to let me know how far along Iwas,
is that even possible with out rewriting an application? Does remaing time and %progressed actually differ in
any meaning ful way? I thought one was
based on the other, e.g. remaining time would be based on percentage done devided by the time taken to get
there and that number multiplied back to the
remaing percentage. That's how it's done right?

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  chrys87 web de wrote:
Wed, Apr 06, 2016 at 11:27:23AM +0200

   Hi Guys,

   I´m currently working on some kind of 3D audio game via HRTF (openAL is
   realy cool stuff).
   While working with all that I had some kind of idea for presenting the
   current state of progress bars:
   what if:
   we not only change the frequence but also the panning (different loudness
   for left/right speaker)?
   so the tone gets higher for indicate the state but the tone is also
   starting on the left (0%) speaker (the right speaker is silent) and will
   raise to normal (50%) (both speakers are equal loude) and will end with
   only the right speaker is active (100%).
   so its not only a sound that give you a guess how much percent you have.
   you also know precise how "far the end of the progress is away".
   maybe it also could be configurable?
   something like
   Enable Progressbar beeps (True/False)
   Panning Progressbar Beeps (True/False)
   Frequence Progress Beeps (True/False)

   what do you think about? good idea or total trash...?

   chrys