Re: [orca-list] Mager orca problem in orca after ading accessibility repository in trisquel 7

hi
I don't know if anyone has told you this, but try the following. killall
-9 orca speech-dispatcher. That'll kill both orca and speech-dispatcher,
which is what orca uses to speak. Occasionally for reasons I'm still
trying to figure out, sd_espeak, the speech-dispatcher espeak module,
will just stop speaking. Occasionally I'll get lucky and there'll be an
entry in the logs such as a segfault, but usually nothing. Joanie is
trying to track these problems down so hopefully they'll be fixed soon.
Anyway, after you've done that, then run the usual orca --replace
command. That should restart orca, although orca is supposed to clean up
any remaining orca processes during it's startup, but it doesn't do so
with speech-dispatcher. I wonder if that could be added in orca? Or
possibly in speech-dispatcher? Killing of hung threads or modules?
Although I don't know if it hangs when it stops speaking or not, it just
... stops lol.
Thanks
Kendell clark