Re: [orca-list] vinux 5.0?

hi there,
here is the link to the daley vinux 5.0 image
http://cdimage.vinuxproject.org/vinux/trusty/daily-live/current
Majid Hussain

On 26/09/2015, B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:
If you go to the Vinux wiki there will be a link to development images or
similar.
http://wiki.vinuxproject.org
Yes, the latest image has three desktops, as have images for some months
now, gnome, mate and unity.
Just rmember you will not get support until the official release is out.
That eing said, I've used these images off and on since January or Febuary,
and while as with any nightlly build software there is occasional breakge,
for the most part these images are quite usable.
After some testing of an image from Febuary I installed iton to a newbie's
box as their windows was almost unusable, and manjaro based F123 would not
install, well it installed, but the installations never booted, sony
specific isues I think, and theyhave not complained.
You might want to heavily comment, or remove or replace the bash_aliases
file as it reffers to software that's not installed, and has single letter
aliases that make for confusion or annoyance when one makes a typo.
 With mate, there are a few apps that should be disabled in the startup
programs interface, the unity specific packages. These are duplicates of
things
that mate handles withj its own packages or do not work in matepanels.
If you are comfortable playing with distros in this state of development,
Vinux5 has a lot to recommend it, especially the chance to test the three
desktops alongside of each other out of the box.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Hank Smith, and seeing-eye dog Iona wrote:
Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 01:19:06PM -0700

Hello
I know vinux 5 isn't out yet
how ever I was wondering if I could get the latest build of vinux 5 with
the
desktop interfaces eggnome mait.
Hank

GNOME Universal Access guide: