Re: [orca-list] Ubuntu Touch/phone

I agree. I'd live with many shortcomings and would try to do my best to improve accessibility on Ubuntu phone. And yes I'd prefer orca to be the screen reader of choice. For me personally it comes down to a view things. One of them is the meaning of the word Ubuntu. It so often is advertised that it should be used by everyone so it should be included in the principle that accessibility absolutely needs to be build in! Another thing for me is that Android is getting more and more closed down. Bit by bit the open-source stuff is replaced by googles own implementations. But the most important reason why I personally would go for an Ubuntu phone or at least why I so desperately want it to accessible is the possibility to have choice! And it would be badass af cause to ssh into my phone again.

I did so with my Nokia N900 where I had a script that read text messages to me with espeak. However that was definitly not usible when completely blind. So after Maemo there could be a new oportunity that this time we should take!

I said it once and I will again: I'd work my ass off for that but sadly I don't have the knowledge. At least yet.