Re: [orca-list] ocrdesktop and Evince help

Hi Chrys,

After a quick testrun everything seems to work fine, though I only checked out the language parameter.

Thanks again. Am 16.09.2015 um 12:07 schrieb chrys87 web de:
Howdy Dennis, howdy list

yesterday, i released a update for ocrdesktop 0.9.95. The AUR is already up to date.
anyone else could download it here:

now you should be able to define your language with the -l parameter
Thanks for reporting this issue.

For use german and english language run:
ocrdesktop -l deu+eng

the wiki is now also up to date:

Here some things i changed since the last version:
- parameter -l <languagecode> for specifieing the language (default is eng)
- different transformations of the OCRed image,
- Retry OCR <F5> (did the OCR again with the current screenshot for hopfully better results)
- parameter -g grayscale image before OCR
- parameter -i invert image before OCR
- parameter -b break just into hard black or white (not grayscale) (good fore OCR neon coloor text
- parameter -t 0 - 255 set the line for breaking into black and white (200 is a good value)
- invert, grayscale and black white available in the UI.
- F5 will respect changed image transformations
- approxiimate fontsize in detailview: but this is just an sugesstion. Its not accurate, its mostly correct for words without special characters, special chars are mostly more tall or smaller then normal alphanumeric chars.
- recording keyboard macros is not more experimental.

Cheers Chrys