Re: [orca-list] orca not speaking with firefox nor iceweasel on Debian 8

I did run the gsettings command that I thought did the trick, or at least did so in the past, but wonder if
I'm missing some bit of gnome infrastructure
that I got automatically with Arch-linux, and would have had on other distros I've used fluxbox on because
they had mate or gnome or unity installed
along side of fluxbox.
Arch is the only distro where I've built my fluxbox from scratch with no other installed desktop environment,
guess I can try going through installed
package lists and see what jumps out at me, but this may be some package I've never heard about specifically.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Jason White wrote:
Tue, Sep 15, 2015 at 09:16:02AM -0400

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:
What am I missing?
The browsers load, but nothing is spoken by orca, no menus nor content.

Mozilla doesn't enable support for the accessibility API unless it detects
that it is active. The method that it uses has changed, but that took place
quite a while ago now.

My suspicion is that the Mozilla programs are checking and failing to discover
that at-spi is active. There may be a variable that you need to set somewhere,
but I can't remember how it works. I hope this at least puts you on the right
trail. If no one here has the details, try asking on the mozilla accessibility
list.