Re: [orca-list] orca not speaking with firefox nor iceweasel on Debian 8

B. Henry <burt1iband gmail com> wrote:
What am I missing?
The browsers load, but nothing is spoken by orca, no menus nor content.

Mozilla doesn't enable support for the accessibility API unless it detects
that it is active. The method that it uses has changed, but that took place
quite a while ago now.

My suspicion is that the Mozilla programs are checking and failing to discover
that at-spi is active. There may be a variable that you need to set somewhere,
but I can't remember how it works. I hope this at least puts you on the right
trail. If no one here has the details, try asking on the mozilla accessibility
list.