[orca-list] orca not speaking with firefox nor iceweasel on Debian 8

I'm using fluxbox, so have to build up my infrastructure flying by the seat of my pants as it were, but never
had trouble using mozilla programs on arch
with fluxbox, even when I've never installed a standard desktop environment.
Everything else talks here on Debian, gtk and qt apps, but nothing from iceweasel nor firefox.
What am I missing?
The browsers load, but nothing is spoken by orca, no menus nor content.
Thanks.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886