Re: [orca-list] suggestion: provide error checking in orca's config files

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 08:49:22PM AEST, kendell clark wrote:
orca  hi all
This has been hovering on the edge of my mind for a while, but has
become important since I've been testing chrys's progress bar support in
orca. If you load an orca config file which contains values orca doesn't
recognize it simply crashes silently, or won't allow you to open the
preferences dialog to change values.

When you say values that Orca doesn't understand, do you mean something
along the lines of using a string instead of a float or integer? If so,
GSettings can certainly help with this somewhat, as GSettings enforces
correct data types when setting values.

Luke