Re: [orca-list] A11Y in Icedove and Iceweasel

Yes, that bug drove me to switch almost full time to mutt and finish figuring out how to get it do the couple
of things I needed to make this not only a
comfortable move, but one of the most notable efficiency improvements to my overall computing experience
since the bigg one of switching OS from Windows
to Linux. When I finalyy found a nightly build where that was fixed I was a happy camper and could go back to
using thunderbird when it was more
practical to handle email from my GUI.
I will have to fire up the Debian test box later and check, but firefox and thunderbird didn't work with orca
for me either there though, so issue not
be due do something not having made it upstream and back down in to the unbranded versions of these apps.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Alex Midence wrote:
Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 03:36:03PM -0500

The name branding is not what's important.  The fact that it is usable and accessible is.  I had all sorts
of trouble with Iceweasel and Icedove when I was using it that had basically been addressed quite some time
ago upstream.  The most annoying was the bug that told you that you were on one message in Icedove when, in
fact, your cursor was on another.  You'd hit delete thinking you'd deleted the unnecessary spam message
trying to sell you a date with willing and lonely Russian beauties for a low monthly fee of $19.99 when, in
fact, you'd gone and deleted uncle George's hamburger recipe which he'd finally agreed to send you after
you'd wheedled, wined and cajoled him forever to do so.  It was maddening.

Alex M