Re: [orca-list] A11Y in Icedove and Iceweasel

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 02:13:39PM +0100, Raphaël POITEVIN wrote:
Dear team,

Debian Jeissie, Orca 3.16.2, Icedove 31.8.0, Iceweasel 38.3.0.

I'm trying to help someone who has no more A11Y in Icedove and
Iceweasel. I don't understand why. It seems it appeared after a
dist-upgrade. I didn't have this problem on my own computer. When he
opens Icedove or Iceweasel, orca doesn't work. The others applications
seem to work correctly. If I type orca -l, I don'tt se Icedove in the
list which is running. A sighted person told him the display of the
applications was OK.

Moreover, orca is very slow to start, about 30 seconds. I didn't manage
to generate a debug at start, orca doesn't run. I only manage to have
that debug log, by using orca -r --debug.
http://sprunge.us/ETHA

It seems it doesn't find some script bits in the log, maybe only gtk
apps are beig affected?

There are some line with:
Could not import orca.scripts.apps.XXXX
and there's gail mentionned in some places

i don't know whether this can be the cause.
--
Ksamak
Hypra.fr