Re: [orca-list] skype replacement

Kyle <kyle4jesus gmail com> wrote:
Freeswitch sounds awesome. Once I catch up on some things, I may try
running it myself.

If you try it and want help, you're welcome to write to me off-list. I am not
an expert, but I do have it working.

Under Linux, you can use linphonec (the console-based version of Linphone)
from a shell prompt. I don't know whether any of the graphical clients work
reliably with Orca. (Anyone who wants video support would need to investigate
one of them; for audio, a console-based solution is fine.)

WebRTC is supported by Mozilla and may be usable with Orca, depending on the
extent to which the Web application is accessible.

When I'm on a call, I usually turn speech off and use the braille display
exclusively.