Re: [orca-list] skype replacement

Storm Dragon <stormdragon2976 gmail com> wrote:
You can get a sip address. Try linphone.org or iptel.org. You get a sip address from one of those, then
install an application like linphone to use it. There's an article on my blog that covers using it.

I would recommend this as a solution. If you have access to a server such as
FreeSWITCH, you can also use high-quality voice codecs such as Opus, create
teleconferences, etc.

I have a Skype account, but I haven't used it; all of my friends and
colleagues use either SIP or Apple's Facetime.