Re: [orca-list] skype replacement

Howdy,
You can get a sip address. Try linphone.org or iptel.org. You get a sip address from one of those, then
install an application like linphone to use it. There's an article on my blog that covers using it.
Mumble is greate, it can have multiple people, record sessions, and has very high voice quality and can use
opus which means very small bandwidth. The only drawback, is someone will have to have a server to host the
mumble server part on. I think there are public servers too, but that's not very good for private
conversations.
I have a server with mumble on it, and if needed, I can set up a room for you until you can get something
else going.
There's also a relatively new application called Tox that advertises itself as a skype replacement. I have
used it briefly when it first came out, but can't really tell you what it is like these days. I have seen on
GNU Social that people love it though.
Good luck ditching skype. That's an awesome move. >:-)}
Storm