Re: [orca-list] Gnome facebook integration modules and live Gnome and Orca

Facebook broke or completely got rid of the api that allowed stand alone desktop aps to work with most
feature/functions available on the facebook
website.
They continue to support mobile aps, but don't want people bypassing the website with theire computers, i.e.
bypassing adds and such.
This occured in the summer, the beginning of July if I remember correctly. Some limited interaction is still
possible in theory I think, and on Windows
AIM could still allow likes and commenting on posts in your feed and let you update your status.
I used FBCMD to do almost everything I did on FB until they broke or took down the api in question, and it
and at least in theory other aps could do
almost anything I know of that could be done on FB. Now chat, (not with standard xmpp like before), is the
only interaction widely availableon all
platforms, but a limited set of features/interactions are still possible.
Note how even official FB email alerts often do not include short messages/small content forcing the
recipiant to go to the website to see what is
refferenced in the email.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Mgr. Janusz Chmiel wrote:
Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 02:13:59PM +0100

Dear users and developers,
Facebook login do not work in latest Ubuntu Gnome. I Am getting error can
not parse Theresponse. I do not know, if Empathy app or other build in Gnome
module is responsible to provide access to Facebook. I Am very sad, because
there is no app which would enable me to automatically monitor canges on
Facebook WEB page, Android app exist, but no Linux app.
Sad situation.

---
Tato zpráva byla zkontrolována na viry programem Avast Antivirus.