Re: [orca-list] problems with audible.com and latest orca

OK, thanks, I will try to write to them and tell them the problem.

Joanmarie Diggs <jdiggs igalia com> wrote:

Hey John.

Sighted users look at the appearance. And both Cancel and Preview look
like buttons.

In general, this situation describes both the awesomeness and the
(potential) awfulness of web apps. Web developers can style elements up
so that they look like widgets, and they can make those elements act
like widgets via javascript. And, like that old saying about ducks, if
it looks like a widget and it acts like a widget, then it's a widget,
right? That's all very cool. But without the use of ARIA to tell user
agents and assistive technologies that they are widgets and not
paragraphs and divs and the like, we're in big trouble.

--joanie