Re: [orca-list] please help me with finding bugs in SpaceFM

Hey Vojta.

On 05/26/2015 05:38 PM, Vojtěch Polášek wrote:
I can confirm that now submenus are announced in the right way. I didn't
notice any side effects, but I am running the master for about two hours.

Yay! Keep testing though please.

Thank you very much for solving that. Actually, chould we contact the
developer to ask him if this could be fixed on his side?

Well.... The more I think about it, the more my conclusion is that we
shouldn't use the pyatspi cache for children. It seems like it's too
easy for application and toolkit developers to make an accessible
application that has accessibility bugs due to how AT-SPI2 caching
works. So even if this developer fixes it for his app, I'm not convinced
I'd start using cached children again -- pending everyone's testing to
verify no unexpected side effects. And if I were going to fix something,
it would be the cache and/or Gtk+ depending on what I found after
digging further; not this particular app.

--joanie